Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hands of a 100 Years Young Woman

I stated yesterday on my facebok page I had the privilege of photographing a wonderful woman name Edna who will be 100 years young on Tuesday.  I will also be photographing her birthday party along with her friends at The Garden Gate Tea Room in Mt Dora. 

I am looking forward to it.

Since Edna could not move around as much as my other models I normally have in my studio I had to think of ways to photograph her without being the same photo over and over again although I did enjoy photographing her pretty face.  One of things I definitely wanted to photograph were her hands. 

Imagine the hands of a woman who has been around for 100 years.  

Those hands, those beautiful hands...

As I was photographing her lovely hands I started  to think about all the things she has done in her life with those hands from the time when she was a little girl growing up in Maryland, netting crabs for a living, raising her children, holding her grandchildren, taking her great-grand children into her arms, all the way to posing in my photo studio.  She has witnessed our country going into two world wars, a depression, with each decade bringing constant change around her.  She doesn't seem ruffled about what she has gone through.  She continues to live her life quietly with grace and dignity.

It just boggles my mind that this sweet lady Edna will be celebrating her 100th birthday on Tuesday.  
Just don't tell Edna she will be 100 years old though.  
She will look at you for a moment and then tell you she is 19... with a wink.   


1 comment:

JFT Photograrphy said...

Very nice Bonnie and her hands look like she could go for another 100 years while I think I will be lucky to make 65.